Welcome to the Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild of NSW Inc
The next guild meeting will be held from 1:30pm in the church hall behind St Paul's, 205 Burwood Road, Burwood, Sydney on Saturday, February 22, 2014.
Summer School 2014 Show and Tell extravaganza
Bring what you made, even if it isn't finished yet. We would love to see what you have learned.
We will launch our inaugural Winter School which will run from July 19 to 27. This will be an opportunity for you to suggest tutors and topics to warm us this winter.
Linda Chee has been experimenting with dyeing and shibori folding with eucalyptus leaves on wool and silk. This will be a discussion rather than a making mini. This can be a practice for her for April 12 when she will show and sell at MONA in Hobart.
Mini workshops start at 11:00am in the small hall below the Guild rooms. There may be a small materials fee. If you have any ideas for minis contact Kris Supierz, at the Guild.
If you've always wanted to try spinning or weaving, but have been putting it off, the Guild has regular classes.
Recent Guild Articles
- November Guest Speaker: Laverne Waddington
- International Back to Back Wool Challenge story
- Scarf Exchange 2014
- Tallong Apple Day Sheep to Shawl
- Antartica in Hobart
- Silkworms Fed Dyed Mulberry Leaves To Produce Coloured Silk
- Crafting Christmas
- October Guest Speaker: Flora Friedmann
- Norway broadcaster NRK to show 12 hours of knitting, sheep-shearing in 'slow TV' broadcast
- 'Noisy' Cramlington library knitters no longer welcome