Textile artists and enthusiasts are encouraged to participate in this exciting program of textile talks, exhibitions & workshops.
The main symposium from 10.00am-3.30pm on Saturday, 3 July will include keynote speakers artist Lorraine Connelly-Northey, Sylvia Kleinert, Associate Professor of Australian Indigenous Art, Charles Darwin University, textile artists Rodney Love and Louise Saxton and Cheryl Thornton from the Victorian Tapestry Workshop.
Workshops run over the following four days include:
- Indigenous Basket Weaving with Sharon Edwards
- Miniature Suzanis with Alison Snepp
- Machine Embroidery Magic with Susan Mathews
- Crazy Freeform Crochet with Abi Thompson
Exhibitions on during the symposium include:
- Six Degrees – Rodney Love
- Garden of Life – John Coburn
- Petite – Miniature Textiles
- Flourish – Embroiderers Guild of Victoria
- Ensemble – Wangaratta exhibitions Gallery Collection