The Wangaratta Hand Weavers and Spinners look forward to your participation. The theme for 2012 is: Fiesta – a kaleidoscope of colour.
Registration period: 1 October to 31 December 2011.
The aims of the scarf exchange are to preserve the skills of spinning, weaving, knitting, crochet and felting, to expand our wool craft network and to challenge each crafter to produce their best original work.
Participation in the scarf exchange involves you selecting 150gm of washed and combed natural fibre to be crafted into a scarf by another participant. In return you will be required to craft a scarf using the fibre sent to you.
1. Send your fibre, fibre sample, entry form and entry fee by 31 December 2011 to:
Wangaratta Hand Weavers and Spinners
PO Box 473
Wangaratta VIC 3676
2. You will receive an exchange package of fibre by the end of February 2012. Over the next 4 months you will be able to spin, dye, knit, crochet, weave or felt the exchange fibre into a surprising creation to showcase the best of your fibre talents.
3. Delivery Date for the return of your finished scarf is 20 July 2012.
4. Scarf Exhibition: All entries for the Scarf Exchange will be on display at Workshop Space, Wangaratta Art Gallery, Ovens Street, Wangaratta for 10 days from Saturday, 8 September to Sunday, 16 September 2012. The exhibition will incorporate the regional Sharing Day hosted by Wangaratta Hand Weavers and Spinners on Tuesday, 11 September. We invite all crafters to visit Wangaratta over this period.
5. Finished scarves will be returned by the end of Nov 2012.
All fibre must be in the form of washed and combed tops. You can use any natural fibre or combination of natural fibres. You can select the colours you prefer for your finished scarf or let the crafter choose whether or not to dye the fibre.
Entry Fee: Australian and NZ participants $16
Info & forms: Marion Stewart