Freda Neale Grant
To give the joy of weaving particularly to the disadvantaged or handicapped
The Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild NSW Inc give one or more cash grants each year. If a grant is not awarded one year, the award is doubled the second year. In 2012 the grant will total approximately $400.
Applicants must be financial members of the Guild but the grant need not be distributed to that member/s: it may be applied to another person/group.
Range of proposals expected (this list is a guide only):
- to further a member's fibre knowledge, assist her/his technical and aesthetic development in the fibre arts
- to attend a seminar or workshop
- to contribute to the cost of a Country Workshop
- to contribute to travel expenses to attend a seminar or workshop
- to assist others to learn about weaving, eg fund the training of a sheltered workshop carers in weaving, sponsor a fibre workshop for kids, fund a workshop in a disadvantaged area, etc
The applicant must submit a written proposal for a specific project. The proposal may include requests for travel funds, tuition and registrations, fiber supplies, film, video tape, etc. Equipment will be given a low priority. Any topic in the fiber field may be proposed but weaving will be favoured.
Applications must be received by 30 April. The recipient/s will be selected by a reviewer who is not a member of the Guild. Notification of the award will be made at the June Guild meeting. Proposals not accepted may be resubmitted in following years.
By the end the year following the grant, the recipient/s is required to arrange to share the results of receiving the grant with the Guild. This may be in the form of a slide talk, lecture, workshop or exhibit.
Please contact the Guild for further information.