The Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild of NSW has a list of accredited judges for shows (country and city), exhibitions and other competitions involving fibres, hand spinning, hand weaving, felting, braiding and other associated crafts such as knitting and crochet. Download an accreditation of judges application.
To be eligible for this accreditation members must fulfil the following criteria:
- show a high level of personal skill, knowledge and expertise in our crafts;
- have attended a training seminar/discussion for judges, or similar, conducted by the Guild;
- have worked as a trainee judge with an experienced judge on at least one occasion and be recommended by that judge as having the necessary;
- knowledge, skills and expertise to become a competent judge; and
- be willing to travel to and judge at least two shows/competitions per year if invited.
Please contact the Guild if you would like to become an accredited judge or if you need somebody to judge your show.